Dunn & Hobbes LLC is a Seattle-based real estate developer and property manager located on Capitol Hill in Seattle. We specialize in mixed-use projects and build spaces for people to live, work, and create. Dunn & Hobbes is seeking a full-time Facilities Manager to join our small, dynamic team. Do you like problem-solving a little bit of everything in the built world? If so, keep reading. This is a salaried daytime position, with additional compensation for off-hours emergencies. The position includes responsibility for the day to day maintenance and improvement of six mixed-use buildings and courtyard, including 27 high-end apartments as well as office, restaurant and retail tenants.
- Work closely with Director of Property Management and Assistant Property Manager to ensure properties and building systems are well maintained, and tenants are happy and productive.
- Develop and retain familiarity with how to operate, maintain and improve various building systems to provide reliable, safe, energy-efficient and effective performance of the facilities. Own and organize the O&M manual for each building.
- Determine and provide preventive and predictive (planned) maintenance and corrective (repair) maintenance for all properties. Manage annual inspections (elevator, fire safety, HVAC, etc). Be familiar with all shut-off valve locations, fire panels and breaker boxes, and respond to emergency calls.
- Gather bids and manage vendors for mechanical, electrical and small-scale construction projects, including tenant improvement projects/capital projects. Develop and retain a robust network of sub-contractors and maintenance vendors who will respond to requests promptly.
- Commission new buildings or newly acquired buildings as they are added to the portfolio.
- Perform general repairs and maintenance including painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, door and lock repairs, etc.
- Respond to apartment maintenance requests.
- Manage apartment turnovers and perform general repairs, painting, and replacements as required.
- Direct and assist janitorial staff as needed in changing lightbulbs, emergency cleanup, power washing, landscape/courtyard maintenance, trash management and general presentation of the properties.
- Read and report monthly sub meter readings.
- Produce monthly report of hours worked per building/project.
- Monitor and oversee the security system.
- Perform other facilities duties as assigned.
- 5 years minimum experience maintaining properties and building systems. Hands-on experience with various building systems including plumbing, HVAC, general carpentry skills, appliance, electrical, painting, caulking, lock replacements.
- Experience managing small-scale tenant improvements and capital projects in mixed use properties.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think quickly in an emergency situation.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; high productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently while being outgoing, organized and professional.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- On Call 24/7 for building emergencies (additional compensation).
- Live within 30 minutes proximity to Capitol Hill for quick access to properties, and have reliable truck.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be a friendly, outgoing, organized, customer service oriented individual who constantly maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers, and the general public.
- Construction and/or construction management experience an additional asset.
- Salary range is $65-75k depending on experience, additional compensation for responding to On Call emergencies.
- Medical, Dental, Vision covered 100% and provided after 90 days.
- 20 days PTO and 3% IRA matching.
- Mileage reimbursement for work related tasks.
- Garage parking spot.
Qualified candidates should please respond via email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org